As another year draws to a close, we here at the Mentor Area Chamber of Commerce want to share a few highlights from 2016:
- Our website (mentorchamber.org) went through a complete redesign, thanks to our friends at Torva Local. We have received many compliments on the cleaner look, new content, and improvements in navigation.
- We held our 50th Annual Golf Outing – another sell out! Our golf outing is one of the most popular in the area because it isn’t just about the game – more than 200 chamber members are out networking on and off the course. Special thanks to Adam Sanden and Nate Bell for Co-chairing this event, Christine Weber and Anna Galipo from our staff for doing an outstanding job putting everything together, dozens of volunteers who help make the day run smoothly, and the folks at Black Brook Golf Course for being great hosts! Save the Date for our 51st Golf Outing on July 21, 2017!
- Taste of Mentor, Presented by ERIEBANK, drew a record crowd of more than 350 people to try appetizers, entrees, and desserts from 21 of the area’s best restaurants. Thank you to our staff and volunteers for making this event one the restaurant community and citizens in our area look forward to every year. Save the date for Taste of Mentor 2017 on April 19!
- We oversaw the establishment of the Lake County Small Business EXPO, in conjunction with the Eastern Lake County Chamber of Commerce, Willoughby Western Lake County Chamber of Commerce, and Lakeland Community College, to introduce a “B2B” event in our area. The first year was a success, and we are already planning our next one for June 2, 2017!
- At our January 2016 member luncheon, we unveiled a strategic plan to guide our work over the next three years. We have already achieved seven of the 11 points on the plan in our first year, and are making progress on the other four.
- The Chamber adopted a new Mission Statement – “The Mentor Area Chamber of Commerce promotes and advocates on behalf of member organizations to encourage business development and support a high quality of life for our local communities.”
These achievements were products of a collaborative effort. We have a tremendous Board of Directors, and I want to thank our outgoing Board Chair, Eryn Medved from ERIEBANK, for her leadership this past year. Thanks to our staff, Christine Weber, Mark Wainwright, and Anna Galipo, for their hard work on behalf of our members. And thank you to our many volunteers for their service to our different causes during the year.
We welcome Nate Bell from Zito Insurance Agency as our 2017 Board Chair and look forward to another successful year.
Here’s to a great 2017 for all of us, personally and professionally!
All the best,
President and CEO
Mentor Area Chamber of Commerce